Friday, February 25, 2011

Welcome To The Neighborhood!!!

To blog or not to blog, that is the question!  I've thought about starting a blog for a while, and now just seems like the perfect time.  My wonderful husband Justin and I just bought our first home!  Whoo hooo!!!!  We've been married almost a year and a half, and have been living in an apartment and saving up so we could buy our beautiful new home!  And now it's time for the fun to begin...decorating, cooking, gardening, entertaining, babies?!?!?!  Well, no babies yet but maybe they're not too far away. :)  We do, however, have the cutest bulldog puppy in town!  His name is Chino and he's almost 7 months old.  He is a HANDFUL, but he is so much fun and so sweet!  So, for now, he is my little baby.

So I figured this would be a neat way to keep track of this journey we're beginning.  I want to get creative and crafty in our new house.  I have some great decorating projects already in mind and now I finally have the space to do it...hopefully I have the talent too!  I am also hoping to become a better cook!  My mom is the most amazing cook ever.  You know, one of those women who have been cooking for so long that now they don't even use recipes...she can just throw a little of this and a tad of that together and it tastes like it came from a professional chef's kitchen.  That's my goal!  I already really enjoy cooking and I love to bake, but I just need more practice and to try some new recipes.  I'm sure Justin is already getting tired of eating the five meals I'm good at making! Haha! :)  So, I will keep you posted on all my adventures I take (successful ones and the ones that don't go so great), and maybe together we'll both get better at something!

Ok, enough about all that, now I want to leave you with my first crazy story in the new house.  For those of you who know me, you know I'm always getting myself into crazy situations, so this probably will not surprise you at all, but it's still a great story! 

So this was our very first week in the house.  After work on Monday, I drove home to rescue our little Chino.  This was his first day of his whole life to be left in his kennel all day long, so I figured he was probably about to burst and was a little stir crazy.  So I rushed home, and took him out to the backyard to let him do his business.  It was such a nice day, so I decided to take him for a walk around the neighborhood to burn off some energy.  So we're walking down the street, enjoying the day, and what does Chino do?!  He walks onto one of our neighbors yards and takes a big #$%! right there by their mailbox!  Now he just did this in our backyard, but apparently he wasn't done!  So there I am, standing in the road, with no bags or anything to pick up the little present Chino left in their front yard.  Luckily, they weren't home yet, so I think "Maybe I can run back to the house real fast, get a plastic bag, and get back to clean it up before they get home."  With every car that passed me, I prayed for it not to pull into their driveway.  We were getting close to home, I could see the front door, we were going to make it...and then one of our new neighbors comes out and wants to meet me and have me meet his entire family.  By this point, I am seriously having a panic attack!  We finally make it home, grab a bag, and get back to the stinky pile before we were caught!  Whew!  What a first impression that would have been! :)

3 comments:

  1. Buckley is very "giving" when he leaves gifts so I have found it is a good idea to tie 2 or 3 "gift bags" around the handle of his retractable leash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess if I had kept you out of the volleyball gyms all those weekends for all those years & had been a better mom, I could have had you in the kitchen teaching you all those things. So, if you want me to come over & let me use that gorgeous new kitchen, I'll be happy to show you the secrets of chicken fried steak, cream gravy, hamburgers - all those favorites of yours! Love you!! Mom - Tanya

    ReplyDelete